Have you exhausted all possible medical investigations, but your symptoms resist, despite the best medical scheme?
Have you been to almost all medical specialties and do not have a clear conclusion?
Where your soul can’t tell you the suffering, your body tries to cry for help …
Come for learning the heart to pain …
Try complementarity with psychotherapy …
Somatization disorder is part of the somatoform disorders (in DSM)
Somatization disorder is a polysymptomatic disorder that begins before age 30 years, extends over a period of year, and is characterized by combination of pain gastrointestinal, sexual, and pseudoneurological symptoms.
- A history of many physical complaints beginning before age 30 years that occur over a period of several years and result in treatment being sought or significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas functioning.
- Individual symptoms occurring at any time during the course of the disturbance:
- Four pain symptoms: history of pain related to at least four different sites or functions (e.g. head, abdomen, back, joints, extremities,chest, rectum, during menstruation, during sexual intercourse or during urination)
- Two gastrointestinal symptoms: history of at least two gastrointestinal symptoms other than pain (e.g. nausea, boating, vomiting other than during pregnancy, diarrhea or intolerance of several different foods)
- One sexual symptom: a history of at least one symptom or deficit suggesting a neurological condition not limited to pain (concersion symptoms such as impaired coordination or balance, paralysis or localized weakness, difficulty swallowing or lump in throat, aphonia, urinal retention,hallucinations, loss of touch or pain sensation, dpuble vison, blindness, deafness, seizures, dissociative symptoms such as amnesia, or loss of consciousness other than fainting)
In the same group of somatoform disorders we find:
Conversion Disorder involves unexplained symptoms or deficits affecting voluntary motor or sensory function that suggest a neurological or other general medical condition.
Pain disorder is characterized by pain as the predominant focus of clinical attention. In addiction, psychological factors are judged to have an important role in its onset, exacerbation or maintenance.
- Pain in one or more anatomic sites is the predominant focus of the clinical presentation and is of sufficient severity to warrant clinical attention.
- The pain causes clinically signification distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important areas of functioning
- The symptoms or deficit is not intentionally produced or feigned.
Hypochondriasis is the preoccupation with the fear of having or the idea that one has a serious disease based on the person’s misinterpretation of badily symptoms or bodily functions.
- Preoccupation with fear of having or the idea that one has, a serious disease based on the person’s misinterpretation of bodily symptoms
- The preoccupation persist despide appropriate medical evaluation and reassurance.
- The duration of the disturbance is at least 6 months.
Body Dysmorphic Disorder is the preoccupation with an imagined or exaggerated defect in physical appearance.