The causes of drug and alcohol abuse and addiction are complex (be they biological, psychological or social), but the consequences are well known: the user gradually loses himself or herself to the substance until they themselves are lost.
Some of the related psychiatric disorders to substance abuse or addiction include:
- substance dependency;
- mental confusion through intoxication or/and abstinence;
- persistent amnesia disorder;
- delusional, hallucinatory and affective psychiatric disorders;
- anxiety disorders
- sexual dysfunction; and
- sleep disorders.
How can you overcome this threat to what is most precious to the human personality: your intelligence, consciousness, affect, motivation, or will?
We offer counseling both for both substance users and their partners for the following:
- Opioids: morphine, heroine, codeine;
- Hallucinogens: LSD, cocaine, cannabis;